Qualified Offshore Crane Operator-Refresher
||Qualified Offshore Crane Operator-Refresher
||1 Day (Including Theory & Skill Training)
|| 08:30 – 16:30
||Minimum 6 Persons / Maximum 20 Persons.
||Certificate to be issued by 3M-Training Center Thailand.
|Certification Validity Period:
||Statement of Attainment valid for 2 years from date of issue.
||3M Training Center Thailand /or Onsite.
This course has been designed to meet or exceed the minimum standard for Qualified Crane Operator to be requested attending the refresher training, as stipulated by Thai Law with the provision of Ministerial of Labor Regulation on the Prescribing of Standard for Administration and Management of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment in Relation to Mechanism, Crane and Boiler Work B.E. 2552, the regulation of Department of Labour Protection and Welfare for Guideline & Training Method of Crane Operator, Signal Person (Banksman), Riggers /or Crane Operation Supervisor Training Course and Training Refresher Course B.E. 2554 and referable the minimum requirement of API RP2D Standard.
This course is aimed at delivering students the review theoretical knowledge and practical skills to operate hydraulic platform cranes and to understand the basic structure and operating principles of these cranes and associated systems.
To provide the review theoretical and practical skills and knowledge required to enable the students to understand and use proper crane operating techniques.
Any and all personnel, who are required to operate company cranes.
Students should be physically fit and able to participate in moderately strenuous practical activities.
Students shall be following Drug / Alcohol Policy.
Students don’t were any short trouser and sandal to Training Center.
Document Prerequisite for Training:
- Copy of ID-Card /or Passport.
- Medical Certificate must have detail of Eye Vision & Color Blindness Test.
- Existing Crane Operator Training Certificate will be/or was expired.
- Document Record or Document Confirm for Crane Operating Experienced.
On completion, students will be able to demonstrate competence in the theory and practical skill of the following:
- To understand the basic structure and operation principles of crane.
- To understand the crane associated system.
- Identify crane types and power system.
- Identify legislative requirements, roles, standard and responsibilities for crane operation.
- Identify hazards while crane operation.
- Identify control measures to mitigate risk while crane operation.
- To understand best practices for accident prevention.
- To understand best practices for the selection, use and maintenance of lifting equipment.
- To understand standard signals.
- To understand weight calculation and reading on crane load chart.
- To understand crane pre-use inspection.
- To understand best practices for off-board (dynamic) & on-board (static) lifting.
- To understand best practices for personnel baskets transfer.
1. Introduction to Thai Law and API RP 2D recommendations:
- API RP 2D
- Qualified Operator
- Qualified Rigger
- Qualified Inspector
- Operator and Rigger Qualifications and Operating Practices
- Handling of the load
- Hand Signals
- Personnel Transfer (class room overview)
- Inspection and Maintenance
- Pre-Use and Monthly Inspections (class room overview)
- Inspection points
- Safety systems
- Lubrication (class room overview)
- Oil level in hoist
- ball ring
- control valve
- load block and aux. ball
- Wire Rope and Sling Inspection, Replacement and Maintenance
- Inspection and replacement criteria
- Wire rope slings
- Synthetic slings
2. Introduction to “Your company” Crane Program:
- Crane Requirements
- Operator Classification
- Crane file/Record Book
- Lift Team Responsibilities
- Crane Operators Responsibilities
3. Training Skill Evaluations:
- Group written in Pre-Use Inspection of the crane
- Group inspection of the rigging gear
- Group participation in crane operation risk assessment and written in JSA form completion
- Minimum 70% score on written exam.