Basic - Safe Erection & Dismantling of Scaffold Structure - Refresher
Training Course Outline
Course Name: Basic - Safe Erection & Dismantling of Scaffold Structure - Refresher
Training Duration: 2 Days (Including Theory & Practical Training)
Training Time: 08:30 – 16:30
Class Size: Minimum 6 Persons / Maximum 15 Persons.
Certification: Certificate to be issued by 3M-Safety Training Center Thailand.
Certification Validity Period: Statement of Attainment valid for 3 years from date of issue.
Training Location: 3M Safety Training Center Thailand /or Onsite Training.
This course has been designed to meet or exceed the minimum standard for Scaffolder to be requested attending the refresher training, as stipulated by Thai Law with the provision of Ministerial of Labor Regulation on the Prescribing of Standard for Administration and Management of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment in Relation to Construction Work B.E. 2551 and referable the minimum requirement of TG-20:08 (Base on BS 5973 / BS EN 12811-1) Specification.
This course is aimed at delivering students to refresher the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to safe erection & dismantling on scaffolding structure in accordance with standard and to understand the basic structure and component.
To provide the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to enable the students to understand and use proper safe erection & dismantling techniques on scaffolding structure.
Any and all personnel, who are required to Erection & Dismantling on Scaffold Structure and who wish to refresher their 3M Certificate or/ Equivalence Certificate.
Students should be physically fit and able to participate in moderately strenuous practical activities.
Students shall be following Drug / Alcohol Policy.
Students don’t were any short trouser and sandal to Training Center and have prepared PPE.
Document Prerequisite for Training:
- Copy of ID-Card /or Passport.
- Medical Certificate.
- Working at Height Training Certificate.
- Existing Training Certificate will be /or was expired.
On completion, students will be able to demonstrate competence in the theory and practice of the following:
- To understand legislative requirement.
- To understand scaffolding definition/terminology.
- To understand the specification of BS 1139 Part 1, BS 1139 Part 2, BS EN39:2001 and BS EN74-1:2005 for Scaffold Tubes & Coupling/Fitting.
- To understand the specification of BS 2482 for Timber Scaffold Board.
- To understand the specification of Scaffold Foundation, Scaffold Ties, Gin Wheels, Ladder and Access Platforms & Egress.
- To understand the basic scaffold structure & component in BS 5973 and BS EN12811-1
- Identify the difference of information between BS 5973 & BS EN12811-1
- Recognize and identify hazards in scaffold.
- To take the appropriate action to prevent or remedy a hazard in the scaffolds listed.
- Apply best practices for erecting & dismantling on scaffolding structure.
- Apply best practices following on SCAFF-TAG System.
- Introduction to Thai Law and TG-20:08 (Base on BS 5973 / BS EN 12811-1) recommendations:
- Component of Scaffolding Structure
- Scaffold Tubes
- Scaffold Coupling/Fitting
- Scaffold Board
- Base on BS 5973:1993 and BS EN 12811-1:2003
- BS 1139 Part 1 and BS EN39 Specification for tubes used in scaffold structures
- BS 1139 Part 2 and BS EN74-1 Specification for Coupling/fitting used on tube connections
- BS 2482 Specification for timber scaffolding board
- Detail of Scaffolding Components
- Scaffolding Tube
- Scaffolding Coupling/Fitting
- Timber Scaffolding Board
- Foundation for Scaffolding Structure
- Ties for Scaffolding Structure
- Gin Wheels
- Ladder and Access Planform & Egress
- Access Scaffold and Platform Classification
- Independent Tied Scaffolding
- Tower Scaffolding
- Birdcage Scaffolding
- Cantilevered Platform
- Slung Scaffolding
- SCAFF-TAG System
- Marking of Scaffolds
- SCAFFTAG Stage #1
- SCAFFTAG Stage #2
- SCAFFTAG Stage #3
- Practical training and test:
- Group participation in erecting & dismantling on tower & independent tied scaffolding structure
- Group follow in stage of SCAFFTAG System
- Group participation in JSA form completion
- Individual Hands on Inspection Scaffolding Structure and Evaluations:
- JSA form completion
- Participation in safe erecting & dismantling on tower & independent tied scaffolding structure
- Evaluation on each employee
- Completion of the course
- Minimum 70% score on written exam.
- Satisfactory completion of practical test.